We are elated to announce the first edition of the Justice M.L. Pendse National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition 2023, organized by Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai and Justice M. L. Pendse Chair in Environmental Laws.
ABOUT MNLU MUMBAI:
Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai, established in 2014, is one of India’s premier National Law Universities. MNLU Mumbai was established with a commitment to foster an environment of excellence in research, scholarship, education, and justice.
ABOUT JUSTICE M.L. PENDSE CHAIR IN ENVIRONMENTAL LAW:
Due to an observable lack of legal academia dedicated to Environmental Law in India, the Justice M. L. Pendse Chair in Environmental Laws aims to foster legal environmental education by promoting and undertaking research activities exclusively in the field, in collaboration with national and international stakeholders.
About the competition:
I. Eligibility for participation
1. All students enrolled bona fide in an Undergraduate of Law, i.e., three years/ five years from any College or University, shall be eligible for participation in the Competition.
2. Each College/University/Institution shall be allowed to register only one team in the Competition.
II. Team Composition
1. A team can have a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 members. In case of 2 members team, both of them shall be the speakers and any one of the two may appear for the researcher’s test. In case of a 3 members team, two team members shall be speakers and one will be a researcher.
2. Any change in the team’s composition will not be entertained once the memorials have been submitted, except in medical emergencies.
1. The teams must duly complete registration by filling out the google form Click Here on or before 5th December 2022.
2. While filling out the form, the teams have to provide a Point of Contact (P.O.C.). All official communication will be made with the said P.O.C., who, in turn, will be responsible for conveying all relevant information to the team.
3. Any changes in the contact details of any team members shall be notified to the O.C. immediately. This obligation shall continue throughout the period of the Competition.
4. The O.C. from the Registration Forms will prepare all Certificates for every participating team member. Thus, it is incumbent upon the participants to ensure that their names are spelt correctly.
5. The final registration post memorial selection shall be completed on or before 5th February 2023 by filling out the google form which will be circulated later to the teams.
6. Registration Fees: The Initial Registration Fee for the teams will be INR 2,000 for the memo qualifier round, and post team selection it would be INR 9,000. The registration fee will be non-refundable and paid by all teams, irrespective of their participation in the Oral Rounds.
7. The fee post team selection includes food, accommodation and travel provided by the organizers.
1. Winning Team: INR 1,00,000/-
2. Runners-up: INR 60,000/-
3. Best Speaker: INR 30,000/-
4. Best Researcher: INR 30,000/-
5. Best Memorial – Applicant and Best Memorial – Respondent: INR 20,000/- each.
V. Important Dates
05th November 2022                Release of brochure and flyer
VI. Contacts Details
·      Moot Convener (Gaurav Balpande): 8087886379
·     Moot Co-convener (Nardeep Chawla): 6265012280
·      Moot Court Society, MNLUM: email@example.com
·     MNLUM Website: https://mnlumumbai.edu.in
VII. PropositionClick Here
VIII. Rules and RegulationsClick Here