The Centre for Information Communication Technology and Law (CICTL) aims to be a centre for excellence in generating and disseminating the knowledge concerning the interrelationship between technology and law across the globe.
Activities of the Centre
Events of the Centre
1. Techno-Legal Awareness SeriesSince the inception of the Centre, the team is focused on spreading awareness and enabling people to be safe from potential threats of the internet. It has been publishing articles and uploading posts highlighting various challenges posed by the technology such as numerous malware scams, cyber offences, Dos and Donts, latest policy amendments or technology news and lastly, simplified texts of legal doctrines and numerous terminologies. The series can be viewed on social media handles of the Centre – Instagram Iinkedin and Facebook
3. Certificate programme for young professionals on Cyber Law
Adv. Prashant Mali – Founder & President - Cyber Law Consulting (Advocates & Attorneys),
Dr. Rakesh Goyal, MD SYSMAN Computers, Mumbai
Mr. Balsingh Rajput, IPS SP Cyber Cell, Mumbai,
Mr. Vaibhav Sakhare, Senior Dihital Forensic Analyst at Pelorus Technologies Pvt Ltd Mumbai
Dr. Anand Raut, Assistant Professor (Law), MNLU Mumbai.
4. Guest Lecture by Adv. Prashant Mali on Regulating Cyberspace
5. Webinar on Apposite method of Dispute Resolution Post Covid-19The Centre had invited Kristi Harrington (Ret. Judge, South Carolina, Supreme Court) for a webinar session to scrutinize the apposite method of dispute resolution post pandemic crisis, from a judge’s perspective.
6. International Symposium on Regulating Online PlatformsThe Centre had conducted an international symposium in collaboration with one of the most prestigious French universities, Paris Nanterre University, and renowned German University, University of Potsdam. The conference was to assess the challenges posed by the online platforms in the forms of cyber offences, competition concerns, privacy issues, threats to national security, etc.
The speakers were:- Louis-Charles Viossat (Former Social Adviser to Prime Minister of France)
7. International e-Conference on Internet of Things and LawThe Centre had organized a two-day international e-conference on the theme of ‘Internet of Things.’ The conference was organized with robust educational content with the aim of engaging in sharing of knowledge and discussions on current issues and building relations between academicians and professionals engaged in the subject.
The speakers were:- Prof. (Dr.) Clemens Arzt (Professor, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Germany)