1. To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai (MNLUMumbai)
2. To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The IQAC shall have the following functions:
1. Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the University;
2. Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
3. Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality related institutional processes;
4. Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
5. Organization of inter and intra University workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
6. Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the University, leading to quality improvement;
7. Acting as a nodal agency of the University for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices;
8. Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality;
9. Development of Quality Culture in University;
10. Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the University based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body.
IQAC will :
1. Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
2. Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
3. Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
4. Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
5. Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs;
6. Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.
The Chairperson of the IQAC shall be the Vice Chancellor of the University. He/ She may be assisted by a Director who shall be a senior faculty member.
The IQAC shall have the following composition:
a) Vice Chancellor of the University – Chairperson
b) Eight senior teachers and one senior administrative official - Members
c) Three external experts on Quality Management/Industry/ Local Community - Members
IQAC Executive Committee
Dr. Kiran Rai
Mr. Amana Khare
Ms. Dipali Ahire